It’s less than one month until the very first International Day of the Girl! Are you still deciding on YOUR plan to change the world for girls?
Here are 7 great ways that you can get involved on October 11:
1. Join the Public Day of the Girl Celebration
- We’ve got big plans in the works for the first International Day of the Girl! Learn all about them!
- Want to come to our celebration in Toronto? RSVP to our Facebook event!
2. Share this special celebration video with your friends and family!
- Watch our great 30 second Day of the Girl animation, generously voiced by our National Celebrated Ambassador Sophie Grégoire-Trudeau!
3. Host a fundraising party to celebrate girls!
4. Wear the cause!
- Purchase a Because I am a Girl T-shirt or wear magenta to show your support for the International Day of the Girl
5. Spread the word!
- Share these inspiring images of Plan projects, paired with meaningful words
- Present in your school using our presentation materials and videos
- Download the pledge. Education means you have the ability to write your name. Sign your name on the pledge to show your support for girls! Post it up in your school or work place for others to see!
6. Raise your hand for girls’ education
- Raise your hand virtually on Facebook and share with your friends
- Or, if you don’t have Facebook, take a photo of yourself, your friends or your family with your hand raised in the air. Add your photo to our “Hands up for girls” Flickr page by emailing your photo to email@example.com (photos must be in JPG file format only and file size should be less than 3MB).
Tell us how YOU plan to celebrate the Day of the Girl on October 11!